The consular section of the Russian Embassy has asked us to remind parents to keep their children’s passports up to date and valid. The check list below should help you prepare for this process. It is easier to keep the passports up to date on a rolling basis – than seek a renewal after many years have passed. Some tips below re renewing:
Renewal of a child’s Russian passport
List of the documents required for a new passport:
- application form; http://dublin.kdmid.ru/en.aspx?lst=en&it=/Adopted%20children.aspx
- previous Russian passport;
- photocopy of child’s Irish passport (biographical page only);
- photocopy of parents’ Irish passports (biographical page only);
- 4 recent photos (35×45 mm in width, in colour with a light background);
- original Russian birth certificate with a new (Irish) name;
- payment of €10
Application for a new passport must be submitted by one of the adoptive parents in person.
Current fee for passport’s renewal is 10 euro (effective for children under 14 YO only).
The Consular Section accepts only Postal money orders.
They will post out passports where a self-addressed envelope with at least €8 of stamps is provided to facilitate registered post.
You can also find some useful information here – http://www.adoptinrussia.ru/
Should you have any further queries don’t hesitate to contact the Consular Section –
phone – (01) 4922048